The recipe is easy to prepare and gives you fantasy a great opportunity to choose from your favourite ingredients: spread cheeses and different cold cuts.... The ones I suggest are just an option.
1 Robiola cheese with truffle (90g)
50g Prosciutto Crudo
1. Wash zucchini and cut the ends of them.
2. Using a Mandolina grater slice zucchini into 4mm slices.
3. Heat a non-stick pan up till it's almost fuming. You may also use the grilling pan.
4. Grill zucchini slices on both sides and keep them aside on a plate.
5. Cut Prosciutto into smaller stripes to fit over zucchini: just a bit wider than zucchini stripes.
6. When zucchini slices get cooled, spread some Robiola cheese over zucchini slices and cover it with Prosciutto, one side of Prosciutto should be wider than zucchini.
Note: My Robiola cheese was flavoured with truffle, if you got plane Robiola, you may add some finely chopped fresh herbs, olive or sun-dried tomatoes spread...
7. Make a roll with the filling inside and zucchini outside and place it over a plate with the end of zucchini down.
8. Prepare all the rolls and refrigerate them for 15-20 minutes before serving: you will be able to serve them like the real sushi rolls as the cold filling will keep them rolled perfectly.
Enjoy your perfect Italian style appetizer!!!